Monday, July 18, 2016

Everything is awesome!!!

So this week was interesting. My companion and I having been contacting like none stop looking for new positive people. Our new mission President Brown is totally different from President Russell. President Brown gave us a talk about how he wants to baptize more families and Priesthood holders and how he doesn't want just baptisms but he wants converts. So this week we looked for new families to teach and we found a few. One family that both the husband and wife before meeting each other talked to the missionaries and are super positive. Then another family that we contacted weeks ago but could never find them because they were never home. Well on Thursday it was 8:59 and we had 0 baptismal dates and we have to have at least 3 everyday and I was praying for a miracle and we passed by their house and the wife was just closing this huge metal gate door and I practically ran into her and she asked us, "Do you want to come in"? OF COURSE YES!! So we went in and talked a little bit about our message and then we asked them if they would like to be baptized if they got an answer to their prayers that these things were true and they accepted and it was awesome!
Also this past week I got this virus from mosquitoes. I think it´s a type of Chingenguna but I´m getting better. All I had was a rash all over my body for 3 days that itched like crazy! Plus diarrhea and a cold. It´s something that´s been going around. Thank goodness I didn't get Chingenguna because that´s ten times worse, you cant walk because your bones hurt so much for a week.

Also Rafaela and her daughter Tatiana finally came to church!!!!!!!!!!! We passed by their house in the morning and her husband was sitting in the door way. The thing is that her husband doesn't like us that much and tries as hard as possible to keep his wife from going to church. Rafaela reads The Book of Mormon and believes it´s true but her husband doesn't like it. So when we passed by we saw each other and just kind of stared at each other like a stand off. Then I said, "Entonces?" and he replied "Entonces?"  and I asked him if his wife was home and he said, "She´s sleeping, she cant come to the door".................I was mad. So we left and after half an hour we started heading over to the church when I get a call saying that Rafaela and her daughter were at church! Turns out they had left the house telling her husband they were going to the Market......WAHHOOO!! She came to church!
Then a man name Jermes came to church also. The problem with him is he knows a ton of Anti Mormon stuff and has thrown everything at us. He´s nice and he´s willing to read the Book of Mormon but he doesn't believe in the Book of Mormon. He used to be catholic but now he´s not and he´s come with us twice to church.
Hermana Mendoza my companion just left her training and this week I´ll probably have transfers, we´ll see.
Love you all!! Les amo un monton!
Hermana Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment