Monday, April 18, 2016

VOLCANOES!! I`m training!!

This week was a week of ups and downs. The ups were that we found a whole bunch of positive people to teach. The down, everyone who said that they would come to church....didn't come. We passed by for everyone and they told us an excuse, wouldn't open the door, or lied to us and told us that they would go by themselves which you should never trust and we passed by again and they had locked the door. My companion cried and one of our baptisms fell through.....BUT despite all the trials and tribulation Mario was baptized and confirmed!! I was so happy because I can see a difference in this man from the first time we met him to now! I am so happy when this happens and I can see the gospel change someone's life!

So today we got the call of who is going to have changes...and Hermana Gilbert is leaving and I'm staying in Rivas and I`m training!!!! Oh my goodness I am so scared and excited so please pray for me because this is going to be hard and crazy and wonderful all at the same time! 

This past week my companion and I got contacted by a old white man and he started to sing to us and his name is Bill. He told us he`s from Florida but he didn't learn anything in the United states so he came here as a tourist and has lived here since. He was crazy! He kept trying to sing to us and then he said, "Your religion is awesome! It allows me to have two of you!" Then he started to sing to us some more and then the Lords prayer.

Okay I just need to ask because our neighbor and everyone else has played this song for the past 2 months and it`s so annoying! The song by Justin Bieber "Sorry" or something like that. Is everyone else tired of this song as much as I am? BUT I love the Adele song "Hello" that came out because we`ll be walking in the street and hear it and it is awesome!! I love it! 

I do however have something to say about Music and the world. I have learned that the spirit works through a still small voice and I`ve noticed a considerable difference from when I`m listening to loud music from the world and then the soft music from the hymns. I just want to ask everyone to take an hour out of their day and listen to some nice church music and I promise you, you`ll feel more peace during your day. You`ll notice a considerable difference. We need to use more scriptures and family time and less computer and friends time. The world is against the family and that`s really the only important thing that matters. The music of the world has messages that slowly degrade someone. Now I`m not saying that all the music of the world is bad. I was singing the other day "ooohhh child, things are gonna get easier...oooh child things will get brighter" from Guardians of the Galaxy. But I do want to caution because really Justin Bieber "Is it too late now to say sorry, cause I`m missin more than just your body" REALLY!?? 

Also I live by 3 or 4 volcanoes and they are literally the coolest things ever! Even though they`re literally the hottest! Turns out there are more than 30 volcanoes in Nicaragua! If the world were to end it would be by volcanoes here!

I love you all! Have a good week!

Hermana Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment