Monday, March 28, 2016

Semana Santa (Holy Week)

This week was HOT! We were literally sweating showers of water. I am going to be so grateful for the snow and fall when I get home. Right now I´ve missed one winter and will miss another and have to wait for the next one after my mission! That´s crazy! So this past Friday we had the baptism of Nixon. He´s a pretty big guy so when the baptismal clothes didn't fit him we spent the next 2 hours running around calling people to see who had clothes that would fit him. When we finally got the clothes it was so late and when we finally left the church the AP´s showed up with the ZL´s. Turns out they wanted to meet some of our investigators so we went and showed them around. It was just a really stressful day on Friday due to the clothes but all was well after that! Then on Saturday we had the Women´s conference! Except it was in Spanish so I was able to enjoy most of it but the new missionary in our district Hermana Peterson didn´t understand anything. I tried to translate a little but that didn't happen so we just sat there in the church with our top ramen noodles in a cup and it was basically the best thing of my life! I loved how they talked about serving other people and how we need to look beyond ourselves!

So we have this investigator named Mario and he has gone to church two weeks in a row and I have had the opportunity to see him grow and change. When we first met him he was like "I´ve never been baptized because none of the churches interested me and I´ve been to a lot but this and that and this, so I guess I´ll hear your message I like to talk about Christ with people" So we taught him about the Restoration and invited him to church. But he didn't go! So we we passed his house and we were like " why didn't you go to church? You promised us." and then he got offended and started to argue with us and then I got frustrated and started to argue with him but my sweet comp. had patience and we visited him that Saturday and we thought " ok, if he doesn't come to church, we´ll drop him" BUT HE CAME!!! So we gave him a book of Mormon and he loved the church and how everyone was reverent and everything but wanted to hear more from the Bishop. Also this one girl gave a talk on Adam and Eve and after he had so many questions so we taught him The plan of Salvation and every lesson since he´s changed a little and we just taught him the Word of Wisdom and HE testified of what we said and was like "Yeah, our bodies are a temple and we need to keep them clean" So he has made goals to stop drinking coffee! He is seriously one of my golden investigator. I cannot believe that I was like " we need to drop him, he´s not that positive" Now we laugh and we can talk about the gospel and he really wants to change his life around and follow Christ!

I love a scripture that says "There is more joy and rejoicing in the heavens for one sinner that repents than 99 that need no repentance" I love that because it´s like a " YOU CAN DO IT!" It shows that we all need repentance and through Jesus Christ we can become a little bit better!

Love you all -
Hermana Partridge
Here is my companion and Hermana Peterson. Hermana Peterson is the really white one. Elder Olsen is in the background creepin.
 
Nixon's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment