Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Now Is The Time For Change

So usually in the mission you only have 2 MAJOR problems to worry about.
1. Getting attacked by a dog and bitten (happens a lot)
2. Getting attacked by a drunk or sober and robbed (happens a lot)
So this week past week I got attacked............by a dog. It wasn't that exciting actually. So the Bishops dog that´s vicious is usually tied up in the back where I wash my hands and I went back there to wash my hands and I was just about to wash my hands when I saw the dog....and then I saw he wasn't tied up......and I thought "Ah crap" and then the dog started to bark and ran right to my leg and started to nip at me and the Bishop's wife came running out when she heard the barking and by this point the dog had already bitten my foot. Luckily it didn't hurt and there wasn't blood. It was great!
Other than that this week was pretty chill and normal! This week is changes and I think I´m going to leave my area because I´ve been here for 5 months. Who knows maybe I´ll go to Granada the hottest place on earth. This month is Semana Santa, a week of the month where it is the hottest and seriously people tell me that people die in the street because of how hot it is. If missionaries in Granada are getting sick from the heat right now, I can't imagine what it could be like this month. I´m excited though, maybe I´ll have changes and have a new area with a new companion, new exciting things! But I´m really going to miss my companion Hermana Perez, she has seriously been there for me through the hard times and has helped me be a better missionary! I love her so much!
I put the title Now is the time for change because we can't just stay in one place our whole lives, we have to move forward and get out of our comfort zone to grow and learn! Don't be afraid of change because through change and discomfort the Lord can mold us into what he wants us to be.

Today I want to share a scripture with you in D&C 123 verse 22.
 22 Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad. Let the earth break forth into singing. Let the dead speak forth anthems of eternal praise to the King Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to redeem them out of their prison; for the prisoners shall go free.
Isn't that just great! I love this scripture! Keep fighting forward toward Christ and don't let anything get in the way! Love you all!
Hermana Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment