Monday, January 4, 2016

THE AMAZING POWER OF FASTING!


Carlos's Baptism

A pulperia is where you can buy drinks and junk food and other stuff but I saw this and had to take a picture!

This is Santiago who is a convert. Before, he smoked Marajuana everyday and now he´s clean and hasn´t smoked since. It´s been about 4 months now, he´s really awesome!



To start the new year off I didn't sleep because people outside were setting off so many fireworks at 12:00 at night, and when I say fireworks I mean bombs. They don't have the same kind of fireworks, its like someones being shot bombs and it makes you deaf for about 30 sec. There was so many! That was January 1 here. Then on the second of January we had a baptism! This man was a miracle and is the kind of investigator everyone looks for. His name is Carlos. He´s about 78 years old and accepted everything we taught him. The day before his baptism he said, "I´ve been thinking a lot about you ladies and what your doing....it's all service right.........I want to serve a mission, I´ll go to Salvador, Costa Rica anywhere the Lord sends me!" This man is seriously the most awesome investigator! It was a good way to start off the year. 

So I just want to testify of the power of fasting. It wasn't even fast Sunday but I needed Heavenly fathers help and so I fasted last Tuesday and I just want to say that I´ve never studied fast and prayer so much in my life. I read every scripture about fasting and prayer and seriously every hour I was praying to Heavenly Father. If you're fasting and you really want it, you´ll be praying all the day long for it. I just want to testify that the Lord answered my prayers and fast; and, I know that when we have faith he does make miracles happen! 

I love you all and hope to hear from all of you! 
Hermana Partridge
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! FELIZ ANO NUEVO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment