Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas HO HO HO!

So this week was pretty different. First of all I realized that Christmas here is SO DIFFERENT than in the United States. Fireworks galore! And the ward Christmas party started out with the missionaries singing two hymns and then the rest of it was the young men dancing to rap and then the young women´s dancing to a rap song also. There was no baby Jesus manger nativity but I guess that´s how they do it here. On Thursday we went to a multi- zone Christmas Conference where we played games and ate REALLY good food. I cant remember when I last ate good chicken with rice and mashed potatoes with rolls and cheesecake! Then we exchanged white elephant gifts and I got a relic of Nicaragua which was a piece of tree cut at an angle and painted on it was a cool picture! WAHOO!! Then President gave us Peanut butter and Jelly, which was everyone! And then he gave each apartment a microwave! 

We also learned at the conference that the mission  this year had 2,113 baptism! The year before we had around 1,265. We are the highest baptizing mission in the world. Our goal was 2,035 and if we reached it we would all go to the beach in San Juan! So on January 13 the whole mission is going to San Juan! Anyway I got to Skype with the family which was awesome! The connection was so bad though (sorry mom). 


I just want to tell you people how much I love this scripture Doctrine and Covenants 121:7-8

 7 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but asmall moment;
 8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumphover all thy foes.
One thing that we teach people is Enduring to the end and part of that is patience and long suffering. Patience isn´t a one time thing to learn, it´s an eternal thing that I think we´ll be learning forever!

Hermana Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment