Monday, December 14, 2015

I Ate Ants!

This week has been crazy! Tuesday we got the call for changes and 2 elders next to us were pulled so our area is huge! Plus the two Hermanas here in the house! So now I am living with 3 Guatemaltecas! Also I got a call from the secretary to the President and he asked me to be in a choir for a huge event at the Presidents house. So on Friday I went to practice for an hour and it was me and 3 other sisters and 6 elders. Small choir. SATURDAY WAS CRAZY!! So after lunch we had to run and buy a cake for a wedding that we were having in the backyard of one of our investigators so he could get married and baptized. So the whole day we were running around and getting stuff ready and we had the wedding and then the baptism and then after all the crazy of everything we went to the church in Alta Gracia and practiced singing for like 20 min. and then we got on a bus and went to Presidents house where he was having this huge dinner with all the stake presidents of Nicaragua Managua south mission. So we sang in front of them and let me just say I was more nervous singing in front of President than any other performance or basketball game in my life! We were all so nervous because if we messed up we would all get macheted.

Sunday was a good day, we had 6 investigators come to church and then after when we were teaching a lesson in the house of an investigator they asked us if we wanted pinolillo (a type of drink here in Nicaragua) and I said, "Estoy bien" which is I'm good no thank you but he heard "Esta bien" which is OK I would love some! (They were an older couple) So we got these huge cups of pinolillo and I took a sip and looked down and there was an ant next to my mouth. No biggy I just flicked it off and took another sip and that's when I saw it! There were a few dead ants floating on top of the water. I don't think they had rinsed out the cup at all but I drank it anyway. Then I realized that they didn't give us Agua Puro and I was praying the whole time that I wouldn't get a parasite. My companion and I were laughing so hard when we left because of the irony of the situation! I think Im good because a lot of missionaries here drink the water without a filter and are fine. We´ll see! BOOYAH!!

Word of wisdom for the day!

Come what may, and love it!
I love this phrase because it gives a message of hope and faith that no matter what happens it´ll get better and that whatever does happen we need to have a good attitude about it. Come what may, and love it! If a challenge comes, love it because it´ll make you that much stronger!

Love you all!
Hermana Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment