Monday, November 23, 2015

Winter in Nicaragua

WAHOO!!! Another week come and gone! So last Saturday I had my first baptism! We went to the church and everything was going great the faunt was full, people were there and Melissa (our investigator who is 15 years old) was excited. She got baptized and after we had cake and orange soda and while we were eating cake and orange soda i was trying to talk to a member and work on my Spanish when I wasn't watching where I was going and tripped and spilled my cup of orange soda all over the floor!!!! I was so embarrassed so we had to go get a mop and mop it up. First baptism was a go! 

It rained so much this week! I was soaked and there was seriously a river in the street! Apparently it´s not even rainy season here yet. Right now it´s winter here and everyone is like its chilly and I´m like it´s hot! It´s cooled down a lot since I´ve got here but it´s still hot enough that I´m dripping sweat.

So here in Nicaragua they have something called Chikungunya which is like a fever you get with joint pain and is horrible and it lasts for a couple months! You get it from mosquito bites and a lot of missionaries have it right now, if you could pray for them that would be great!

If you guys could pray for my investigators that would be awesome! Our first investigator is Manuel who is 67 years old and drinks a ton of alcohol but for 2 weeks he´s been clean and he´s come to church and he cleaned up and shaved! He´s getting baptized this Saturday and we are so excited! 

Then there´s Julian who is 78 years old who loves the church, reads The Book of Mormon and the book he received of principals of the gospel but his problem is he doesn't feel ready to get baptized. We brought the Zone leader over to talk to him and apparently he didn't like that and didn't come to church this Sunday. He loves our lessons though. 

Then there´s Lester and Rosa. This family really needs your prayers. Lester hasn't drank any coffee or smoked for over 2 weeks but last Saturday went out drinking with his friends and felt so bad! But he came to church this Sunday, sadly Rosa couldn't because she´s pregnant and was having really bad contractions. She´s due next month. 

Marta who is the Sister of a great convert Santiago. Santiago smoked marijuana every day of his life before he met the missionaries and we have a picture of the first day we met him and he looks angry even though he does have a smile. He stopped smoking and got baptized and is a completely different person. He also needs your prayers because he needs work. But anyway, Marta, is super hard because the missionaries before really pressured her into being baptized. Her daughter though is super interested in the church.

Luis is 20 years old and hasn't smoked for 2 weeks now! 

I´m still alive and kickin! The church is so true, I´ve seen it change people in ways that I´ve never seen before! 

Hermana Partridge
Drenched Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment