Monday, November 9, 2015

The Bowl of Never Ending Soup

This past week Hermana Greenhalgh and I were together a lot because my companion and her companion are sister training leaders and had to go talk to the Mission President. Tuesday we had lunch at Ivi´s house, a very wonderful lady of the church who always makes us lunch but this time she had made us gillo pinto (beans and rice) which is what everyone here eats but in soup form. She served it to us in a huge bowl and bite after bite I tried to finish it but it would not end! But in the end I conquered the bowl of soup

THIS IS THE NEVER ENDING BOWL OF SOUP!! AAAWWW!! It was so much! But I conquered it!

Later on in the day we were walking down a dirt road and up ahead were two teenagers who had these weird tattoos that kinda looked the same and one guy had scars all over his shoulder and they were looking at us a lot and Hermana Greenhalgh said, "I don't like the way they´re looking at us.......let´s invite them to church!" So we walked right up to these sketchy looking guys and invited them to church! But alas they didn't come. 

So Hermana Greenhalgh and I are both from Utah and we were walking down the street and we saw 2 Greengos!! Both of us looked at each other in amazement and we´re like "There´s Americans! WOW!" I´ve only been here two weeks and seeing white people is exciting. 

This week I was day dreaming about Fall and leaves and sweaters and hot chocolate and pumpkins.....

The lightening storms here are amazingly gorgeous and the lightening is red!

So many new things and so little time.

Words of Wisdom for the day

There are two things I know. That I am a great sinner, and that Jesus is a great Savior.

Hermana Partridge


This is pretty special.  Hermana Partridge's companion, Hermana Wendy Gomez, who is from Guatemala, emailed her dad and this is what she said:

Hola, ¿cómo estan??? Bueno, mucho gusto. Soy Hermana Gómez, la entrenadora de Hermana Partridge. La verdad, estoy muy feliz por tener a su hija como compañera. Estoy ayudando a ella para que sea una excelente compañera y pueda trabajar fuertemente en la obra del Señor. Ella está muy feliz de ayudar a las personas aquí. Ustedes no se preocupen, yo cuidaré de ella y aquí todas las personas son buenas, no hay ningun peligro. Ella me comentó que usted servió su mision en mi pais, Guatemala, y eso me hizo muy feliz, cuidense mucho les enviamos saludos desde Nicaragua. Feliz semana, saludos a su familia.

Hello, how are you guys??? OK, pleased to know you. I am Hermana Gómez, Hermana Partridge's trainer. Honestly, I am very happy to have your daughter as a companion. I'm helping her so that she's an excellent companion and can work hard in the work of the Lord. She is very happy to help people here. Don't worry, I will take care of her and people here are good, there isn't any danger. She mentioned to me that you served your mission in my country, Guatemala, and that made me really happy, take good care of yourself, we send you greetings from Nicaragua. Have a good week, greetings to your family.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment