Monday, November 16, 2015

Two Month Mark

I don't have much time but this past week has been pretty good.My Spanish is getting better!  I'm alive and doing well! BOOYAH!! TWO MONTHS IN THE MISSION TODAY!

Word of Wisdom for the week:
Our business in life is not to get ahead of others but to get ahead of ourselves, to break our own records, to outstrip our yesterdays by out todays, to bear our trials more beautifully than we ever dreamed we could, to give as we never have given, to do our work with more force and a finer finish than ever. This is the true goal, To get ahead of ourselves.
The drinks here come in a bag and you tear the corner open with your teeth and DELISH!

 This is where I sleep, we dont sleep with any blankets because of how hot it gets and we always have a fan running.



This is a picture of my first baptism!


There are a ton of these here, its like a mini taxi with no doors and seat belts, they're a lot of fun!


 Another sort of taxi that they have here. I can't remember what they're called though, also super fun!




 




 




This is Hermana Greenhalgh after she ate the bowl of soup,she was so tired.






This is part of my area. To get to the other side we had to cross this sketchy plank made out of wood and something else but finally they put in a metal bridge! 






Everyone has pictures on their wall of pictures that they've taken and then changed the background.







 We have a ton of these lizards living in every house here and they bark!

 





On Wednesdays, I'm companions with Hermana Greenhalgh who is the mission nurse and she is always on the phone with sick people and appointments. She rocks! She's from Richfield, Utah! 





I love this picture of Christ!



No comments:

Post a Comment