Friday, September 25, 2015

Mishaps at the MTC

Kelcie Sanchez who works at the MTC saw Sister Partridge.  This is a friend of Carmen's who worked with her this summer in Moab at the Sunset Diner.  She has been so good to her!  Thanks Kelcie!  We love you even though we have never met except in a picture!

It has been an amazing week! I also found out that there's this thing called "Dear Elder" which is a website that you can go on and type in my MTC address and then type a message and they print it out here and I get it that same day! My MTC address is:

Hermana Partridge 
OCT26 NIC-MANS
2005 N. 900 E. Unit 191
Provo UT 84602
On the third day I was here we started to teach a fake investigator but we didn't know that till later. On the third discussion it was pretty funny because since I'm in a district of elders and I'm the only Hermana then I just go in like a trio with two other Elders. So on the third discussion we start to talk to Diogo and he asks a question to us and I thought he said "cansado"(tired) but he actually asked if I was married (casado) to one of the Elders and I was like "Si" and the Elders said "No" and it was a really funny moment of the teaching discussion! Then the other Elders in Spanish said that this was the Gospel of Vegetables. Good times! Everyday we(our entire zone) go outside to the sand volleyball courts and play volleyball, it's some of the funniest things I've done here!

Also I saw Elder Leftler from Creekside Apt. at Snow and I almost ran up to him and hugged him but then I remembered we couldnt hug Elders and a hand shake sufficed, but it was pretty awesome to be able to see him! Also I saw Kelcie from Moab and Sunset Grill here, she works in the mornings as a custodian and I love seeing her! One morning I went in and a donut was on my desk and another time a bag of Life savers with an awesome quote about how the Lord is our Lifesaver! Both from Kelcie! 

There's something here called TRC(Teaching Resource Center) here and it's where we teach real investigators in Spanish. There's this old man named Marco that mi companera and I just go in to sing to en Espanol since he cant understand the hymns in English. Then we taught a woman named Viri and the first lesson went ok, the second lesson however was amazing! We started to teach what we were going to teach and then we ended up talking about something else entirely and then we both bore our testimonies and oh-my-lanta! The spirit was felt! It was amazing!

Each day I found more things that are completely opposite between me and my companion but the great thing is that we get along so well and she is absolutely amazing!

Love you all!
Hermana Partridge

 My name tag.

 This is a picture of my roommates and my companion is the one on the far right! The Hermana in the middle is Hermana Bushman who was in my old ward back at Snow! The Hermana on the far left is Hermana Browning!
This is our zone!
My district...
 ..
All the Hermanas in our zone!


Hermana Partridge and some Hermanas from the zone!




No comments:

Post a Comment