Friday, September 18, 2015

Companion: Hermana Playstead

So my companions name is Hermana Playstead, and when I'm not with her I'm usually in class with four other Elders since I'm the only one in the intermediate Spanish class and not with the three new sisters who are in the beginners class of Spanish.

Hermana Partridge

(I think very short emails are all we're going to get from Carmen while she's at the MTC.) 

You can write to her at carmen.partridge@myldsmail.net 

OK, here is a longer version of this morning's email.

So the MTC is a prison, we can't go off campus and we cant do certain things and my bed is hard as a rock and they gave me a thin blanket to sleep with.....so all in all it's a prison; BUT, it's a spiritual prison and I love it here! My companion Hermana Playstead is amazing! We're complete polar opposites. I asked her if she wanted to work out or do weights and she asked me how exactly do you do weights. She's so sweet though, she's from Los Angeles! 

When I got here they directed me to a different line and it turns out that I'm a solo sister here at the MTC. Meaning my classroom is just me and 4 other Elders. Which also means my companion is also in a trio companionship when I'm not there and I cant be alone and have to be around at least 2 or more elders. I'm doing ok in my Spanish class. It's definitely coming to me more. I saw Elder Lefler here at the MTC from my old ward and I couldn't hug him! I was so distraught, but part of the trio and sisters that I live with is Hermana Bushman from the old ward as well! It has been great!

Yesterday we met our Branch president who is a very stern man who is all about "Silent dignity" and his wife looks like Edna from the incredibles but with brown hair and she talks and acts like Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter but is sweet and loving at the same time.......I dont know what to think about her yet. THE FOOD HERE IS GREAT! I'm not complaining about the food at all, it is pretty good even if it is cafeteria food!

Love you all!  Hermana Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment